Communications and Marketing Specialist
Virginia Poverty Law Center
Posted: September 07, 2021
- Research and write content for press releases, online publications, social media, and development materials.
- Coordinate Enroll Virginia’s traditional and social media. Media work will include TV, radio, newspapers, community newsletters (especially for immigrant communities), and multiple social media platforms.
- Coordinate social media and traditional advertising campaigns throughout the state.
- Design promotional materials to ensure consistent branding and style across Enroll Virginia presentations and consumer-facing materials. Distill complicated subject matter into accessible graphics for print and digital channels. Work with translators to create materials in a variety of languages.
- Manage and update Enroll Virginia’s website. Collaborate with external partners to ensure consistency in messaging during open enrollment and throughout the year.
- Work to collect consumer stories that highlight Enroll Virginia’s work. Expected to work remotely while maintaining ongoing contact with management team.
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time
- Ability to work in a diverse workplace setting
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator primarily), Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Canva
- Bachelor's degree required
- Knowledge of the health insurance marketplace at Healthcare.gov and public health programs (Medicaid and/or Children’s Health Insurance Program) is preferred