Virginia ABC Communications Assistant
Position # W71303
Virginia ABC Authority (Virginia ABC) is charged with a mission of generating a reliable stream of revenue for Virginia and promoting public safety through the responsible sale and regulation of alcoholic beverages. The authority operates nearly 400 ABC stores throughout the state. We are currently seeking to fill an hourly Communications Assistant position to join ABC’s vibrant 10-member Communications team. This position is part-time and limited to 20-25 hours a week, on site and/or remote.
- Providing communications services related to the authority’s change management needs.
- Disseminating a weekly email newsletter to ABC employees.
- Researching and writing copy for the authority’s internal and external publications.
- Writing employee profile features for the authority’s internal SharePoint site.
- Assisting with preparation for ABC store grand opening events.
- Posting content on ABC’s digital communications resources
How To Apply
For consideration for employment, you must complete an online application at https://www.abc.virginia.gov/jobs/public/positionOpening_list.do. Resumes may accompany but will not substitute for a completed State Application Form.
Virginia ABC does not provide sponsorship. We are an equal opportunity employer without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, or disability. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Virginia ABC will provide, if requested, reasonable accommodation to applicants in need of accommodation in order to provide access to the application and/or interview process.
Criminal history record checks are required prior to employment. All employment offers are contingent upon compliance with Form I-9 completion timeliness and confirmation of employment authorization by E-Verify.
VA ABC is a Military-Friendly Employer, is V3 Certified, and embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.