Senior Communications Specialist
Virginia Department of Transportation
Posted: October 22, 2021
Join an award-winning team of strategic communications professionals at the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT), the nation’s third largest state-maintained transportation network, as a Senior Communication Specialist.
The VDOT Central Office communications team seeks a dynamic and collaborative self-starter to further strengthen the agency’s internal and external communications bench.
This creative and organized communications generalist should be proficient in communications strategy and message development, with general design skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities while delivering exceptional and timely service.
This challenging and rewarding position’s specific responsibilities and duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Internal Communications
- Communication Programs and Initiatives
- Public Outreach Events
- Media Relations and Emergency Response
- Production Planning and Coordination
- Executive Support
- Knowledge of communications methods and theory as they relate to public and media relations.
- Strong editing skills with familiarity with AP style guidelines.
- Ability to organize and synthesize complex issues into clear and concise content.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to understand news media needs.
- Ability to positively represent VDOT plans and programs to target publics, media and elected officials.
- Ability to maintain web and use content management system.
- Skill in writing for multiple audiences using multiple formats.
- Skill in the use of computers and software applications to include MS Office products and digital cameras.
Posting Close Date