April President’s Message
Spring is in the air – and Zyrtec is in my pocket! Spring always holds so much promise, and I have no doubt that applies to PRSA Richmond, too. We have a lot going on and some exciting moments to highlight.
- Call for Entries now open. The 74th Annual Virginia PR Awards submissions process is officially underway. Please check out the categories to see how your remarkable work can be recognized in this year’s awards. Learn more here.
- Along with the Call for Entries opening, that means we’re now accepting nominations for our two prestigious chapter awards – the Thomas Jefferson Award for Excellence in Public Relations and the Rising Star Award.
- Virtual Chapter Happy Hour on May 3. Register for our first Chapter-wide hospitality event of the year that will include a cocktail demonstration from Chef Mike Lindsey at Lillie Pearl and a discussion about Clubhouse, the newest social media platform.
- Special Section Networking Events. Both the Senior Practitioners and the Independent Practitioners have scheduled their first events of the season.
- At our April 28 program, we’ll welcome Traci Otey Blunt, SVP of Corporate Communications for the NFL, for her presentation, “Staying Safe and Speaking Out: A Football Season Like No Other.” Register today.
Also during April, be on the lookout for a number of accreditation-related profiles and highlights. As PRSA likes to say, “you can’t spell April without APR” and this month we’re highlighting members who have earned their APR and sharing what it’s meant to them.
I was thrilled to see the level of engagement and questions asked by those who attended the March program. Yes, virtual events are different, but our group continues to prove that we can still connect, educate and grow over Zoom.
And while I have you, I want to share that I am free to connect. If you’re interested in board leadership opportunities, joining a committee, wanting to talk shop or life, I am here. Please reach out and connect at email@example.com.
Thanks, be well and see you soon!