April President’s Message
Spring is a time of renewal, promise and lots of activity – and the PRSA Richmond chapter has a lot going on as well! Here are some things I would like to highlight for the month ahead:
- Call for Award Entries opening on April 4. The 75th Annual Virginia PR Awards submissions process is officially underway. Please check out the categories to see how your good work can be recognized in this year’s awards. Learn more here.
- Along with the Call for Award Entries opening, we’re now accepting nominations for our two prestigious chapter awards –The Excellence in Public Relations Award and the Rising Star Award.
- Another event to consider and register for is the Wine, PR and Scholarships event hosted by the Richmond PR Foundation on April 21 at 5 p.m. This event will be held at RichWine RVA on Clay Street and is a fundraising event for the Jeff Wilson Scholarship of Excellence. Register here.
- Special event for new members. If you are new to the PRSA Richmond chapter, join us Wednesday, April 20 from 8 to 9 a.m. at Gather Arts District to connect for coffee and networking with PR colleagues and fellow new chapter members. Register here.
- Mark your calendars for our April 28 luncheon program. Rick Plautz from the VCU Brandcenter will be discussing Web3 and the Metaverse, explaining what it is, how traditional brands are utilizing Web3 and how public relations practitioners can navigate public opinion. Register here.
I was thrilled to finally see many of you in person at the March luncheon held at the Westwood Club – and I look forward to continuing that in the months ahead.
If you’re interested in board leadership opportunities or joining a committee, don’t hesitate to reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and see you soon!