DIY Volunteer Project for PRSA Richmond Chapter Members
PRSA Richmond members are invited to join in for a chapter public service opportunity: DIY Nourishment Kits for the Richmond Behavioral Health Authority (RBHA). RBHA serves nearly 13,000 individuals – children and adults – every year. The individuals served often do not have resources to purchase needed items.
The Nourishment Kits will be distributed across the agency to individuals receiving services – children who may need a snack, adults who may need food to take with medication, individuals experiencing homelessness, or individuals who may have no food that day.
To participate, gather the following supplies:
- 10 one-gallon Ziplock bags
- 10 Notecards – handmade
- Applesauce – single serving container or pouch
- Pretzels – single serving bag
- Cheese crackers – single package
- Soft granola bar
- Canned tuna or chicken (pouches are great, too)
DIY volunteers are asked to donate a minimum of 10 Nourishment Kits.
- Place one of each item in each of the 10 Ziplock bags.
- Write an encouraging message on each notecard to include in the bags.
- Take pictures of you and those helping to assemble in action! Send photos to Cherika at Cherika.Ruffin@ridefinders.com.
You can drop- off your Nourishment kits on May 4 or May 8 between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. to:
1013 East Main Street
Richmond, VA 23219
The nourishment kits will be delivered to RBHA on May 10.
While it’s not required to sign up on the site below to participate, it does help us plan and track volunteers and volunteer hours.
Visit Hands On Greater Richmond to sign up.
Questions? Reach out to Cherika any time at Cherika.Ruffin@ridefinders.com.