Nonprofit Organizations Selected for 2020 Public Service Collaborative
As we continue to adapt our programming amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, PRSA Richmond is excited to host its first-ever 2020 Public Service Collaborative, which combines the Public Service Committee and Nonprofit Section together to support three local nonprofits with virtual pro bono support from volunteer chapter members.
After receiving two dozen applications from well-deserving nonprofit organizations across the Richmond-area, three nonprofit organizations were chosen to participate in this year’s collaborative. We are thrilled to announce that Safe Harbor, Friends 4 Recovery Chesterfield, and CrossOver Healthcare Ministry have been chosen to participate in PRSA Richmond’s 2020 Public Service Collaborative.
These nonprofit organizations will receive assistance from PRSA Richmond through monthly Zoom sessions throughout the remainder of the year. Each month, experienced chapter members who have generously volunteered their time will join these groups virtually to provide support and mentoring. Programming for these sessions was determined based on the specific needs of these organizations.
This year’s virtual session topics and dates:
- Messaging Workshop: Key message development and implementation, crisis response – 8/25, Noon-1:30 p.m.
- Embracing Technology: Pivoting events, virtual programming, introduction to social media – 9/15, Noon-1:30 p.m.
- Reaching Your Audience: Social media (paid and earned), external newsletters, web content – 10/20, Noon-1:30 p.m.
- Communicating Internally and Externally: Internal communications, media relations overview – 11/10, Noon-1:30 p.m.
- How to Build a Communications Plan: Identify audiences, outline goals, strategies and tactics – 12/1, 4-5:30 p.m.
2020 Public Service Collaborative co-chairs Abby Nurnberger and Jenna Green held a virtual kick-off event with representatives from these nonprofits in July. The session was uplifting, engaging and served as a nice teaser for the collaborative learning that is to come. While this opportunity is focused on non-PRSA members, we welcome any PRSA members who are part of our nonprofit section to join these virtual sessions as silent participants. We look forward to helping these organizations meet their goals as they face unprecedented communications challenges in 2020.
If you are interested in participating as a mentor or nonprofit section silent partner in one of these sessions, please contact Abby Nurnberger at email@example.com or Jenna Green at firstname.lastname@example.org.