November President’s Message: Celebrating the Big Win
- Highlight how PR pros can act as coaches, referees, cheerleaders and captains.
- Showcase the teamwork of the talented group of volunteer leaders serving on the board.
- Develop a playbook that will help PRSA Richmond continue to grow and thrive.
As I wrap up my term as president later this month, I’m honored to be able to say that our team was victorious.
Over the course of this year, we have had many successes.
- Received recognition from PRSA National for our work with associate members.
- Hosted the third Mid-Atlantic District APR Boot Camp for 17 candidates from across the country.
- Presented a half-day conference for nonprofit professionals to learn more about PR tips, tricks and trends.
- Celebrated more than 100 award winners at the 70th annual Virginia PR Awards.
- Welcomed JMU’s PRSSA chapter into our fold.
- Participated in VCU’s CreateAthon.
- Networked with professionals from AMA, Ad Club and SMPS at the ONE Party.
These were just some of the accomplishments we’ve had—there were many, many more!
And the work isn’t finished as we have another professional development session coming up, the awards enhancement committee is just turning over their recommendations for planning the 2018 event, several committees have networking events planned in November and our membership survey is still open and awaiting your feedback.
Thank you to all the members who weren’t just spectators, you were active participants. You came to luncheons, you posted on social media, you showed up for networking events, you met with students and you judged awards. Thank you also for the positive feedback and encouraging comments. Your support this year was inspiring and energizing.
A special thank you goes out to the volunteers who make up our board. I may be the team captain, but they are all the MVPs. Their dedication and lots of behind-the-scenes work helped the chapter be effective this year.
I’m just as honored and excited about being PRSA Richmond’s president now as I was at the beginning of the year. It’s been an incredible opportunity and an awesome experience. I appreciate all of you helping me hit it out of the park!
Jennifer Guild, APR
2017 PRSA Richmond President