Richmond Public Relations Foundation Scholarship Deadline is Oct. 21
Get those applications in!
The Richmond Public Relations Foundation is currently accepting applications for its three $1,500 scholarships for juniors or seniors at select Central Virginia colleges and universities. The deadline is Oct. 21.
How do you apply? It’s easy!
Please prepare and submit the following:
- A copy of their transcript (including GPA); unofficial transcripts are acceptable, but the winners may be asked for official transcripts for verification purposes
- A resume, to include work experiences and internships
- A typed, doubled-spaced, single-page essay on “Why I Want to Work in Public Relations”
Email a PDF packet to email@example.com.
Or, mail the application materials to:
The Richmond Public Relations Foundation
P.O. Box 29232
Richmond, VA 23242
Application materials must be received (not postmarked) by Monday, October 21, 2019
The Richmond Public Relations Foundation, the 501(c)(3) charitable arm of the Richmond Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA Richmond), annually administers the David P. Hurdle, William Dietrick and Daphne Lowell Dailey Memorial Scholarships in honor of three esteemed former Chapter members.
Three $1,500 scholarships will be awarded to:
- Juniors or seniors at select Central Virginia colleges and universities, who are planning to pursue careers in public relations*
- Juniors and seniors attending any college – who also are Central Virginia residents – and planning to pursue careers in public relations**
Applicants need not be public relations majors but should be planning to work in public relations upon graduation.
*Select Central Virginia colleges are those within the Richmond Metropolitan Statistical Area (MSA) or have PRSSA Chapters affiliated with PRSA Richmond. Those schools are Longwood University, Randolph-Macon College, Virginia Commonwealth University, Virginia State University, Virginia Union University, the University of Richmond and James Madison University.
**Central Virginia residents are those living within the Richmond MSA, which includes the independent cities of Richmond, Petersburg, Hopewell and Colonial Heights; the counties of Amelia, Caroline, Charles City, Chesterfield, Dinwiddie, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, King William, New Kent, Powhatan, Prince George and Sussex; and the incorporated towns of Ashland and Bowling Green.
Scholarship winners will be announced at PRSA Richmond’s Nov. 20 luncheon.
For more information
For more information, contact Cameron McPherson, APR, Foundation President, at 804-387-7373 or firstname.lastname@example.org.