Student Connections Month
Sept. 14 – 30
- Open Registration (PRSSA Students) Link provided on Sept. 14.
- Open Registration (Panelists and Mentors) Link provided on Sept. 14.
Week of Oct. 12
- Kickoff – Welcome video and posts to participants
- Announcement – Virtual competition
- Seminar: Job Hunting in 2020 (Advice for soon-to-be graduates in PR). Conducted virtually via Zoom (link provided to RSVP’d)
Week of Oct. 19
- Breakout Sessions: 1-to-1 mock interviews and portfolio reviews
- PRSSA Leadership Mix n’ Mingle – Present on “What we’re doing this year”
- Seminar: Fostering DEI in PR (link provided to RSVP’d)
Week of Oct. 26
- Seminar: Carrying Forward – The benefits of PRSA membership after college, the APR process, networking and career development.
- Closing ceremony – virtual competition winner announced.
Student Connections Month (SCM) is an event sponsored and hosted by the Public Relations Society of America’s Richmond Chapter. It is open to college-affiliated PRSSA chapters within the membership. The month-long event is designed to bring these student chapters together to learn, network, and grow.
This year’s event features opportunities to attend virtually, bringing together seminars focused on the job market, conversations around DEI, and career development. Speakers are TBA and students will have an opportunity to meet (virtually) with mentors to discuss interviewing, portfolio development and job readiness.
For questions or sponsorship opportunities please contact Joshua Smith, Student Relations Chair, smithjj4 (at) vcu.edu.
Total number of student participants: 21
James Madison University
Virginia Commonwealth University
Virginia State University
Seniors = 80%
Juniors = 10%
Sophomore = 5%
Freshmen = 5%
Number of professionals: 32